'Biggest Loser' Danni Allen gets praise from employer
March 20, 2013 (LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Wheeling's Danni Allen won Season 14 of ''The Biggest Loser'' by losing 121 pounds. And her bosses are proud of her.
It came down to Allen, 26, and Jeff Nichols. But Danni won the competition and the grand prize of $250,000.
Our news partner The Daily Herald reports Allen, a Wheeling native, began the show three months ago at 258 pounds and weighed in at 137 pounds Monday night. That means she lost 46.9 percent of her starting body weight."From Day 1, no, I did not know this was in me. I was a scared, self-conscious person. I did not know I could be here. I did not know I could get past the first workout. I didn't know that my dreams were possible and I finally feel like my dreams come true," Allen said prior to weighing in. "I feel amazing. I know that no one can take this away from me, and that's how I feel. I feel great, and that's a tall order, but I worked so hard. And at the end of the day, look at me."
Allen works as an advertising coordinator for Camping World and Good Sam, which sell RVs and camping gear. The company issued a congratulatory statement Tuesday.
"As a company we are pleased to share in Danni's achievements in reaching her health and fitness goals," said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam. "She is a shining example of corporate wellness and the entire company and the RV industry was rooting for her from the beginning."
As host Alison Sweeney pronounced her the winner, Allen embraced her trainer, Jillian Michaels, who had returned for the show's 14th season after two seasons off -- as confetti rained on the set.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 13 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 18 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
13 min ago