'Biggest Loser' Danni Allen gets praise from employer
March 20, 2013 (LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Wheeling's Danni Allen won Season 14 of ''The Biggest Loser'' by losing 121 pounds. And her bosses are proud of her.
It came down to Allen, 26, and Jeff Nichols. But Danni won the competition and the grand prize of $250,000.
Our news partner The Daily Herald reports Allen, a Wheeling native, began the show three months ago at 258 pounds and weighed in at 137 pounds Monday night. That means she lost 46.9 percent of her starting body weight."From Day 1, no, I did not know this was in me. I was a scared, self-conscious person. I did not know I could be here. I did not know I could get past the first workout. I didn't know that my dreams were possible and I finally feel like my dreams come true," Allen said prior to weighing in. "I feel amazing. I know that no one can take this away from me, and that's how I feel. I feel great, and that's a tall order, but I worked so hard. And at the end of the day, look at me."
Allen works as an advertising coordinator for Camping World and Good Sam, which sell RVs and camping gear. The company issued a congratulatory statement Tuesday.
"As a company we are pleased to share in Danni's achievements in reaching her health and fitness goals," said Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam. "She is a shining example of corporate wellness and the entire company and the RV industry was rooting for her from the beginning."
As host Alison Sweeney pronounced her the winner, Allen embraced her trainer, Jillian Michaels, who had returned for the show's 14th season after two seasons off -- as confetti rained on the set.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 52 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake