Baby monkey will change colors from white to black- within 3 months
March 20, 20313 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby monkey with big, wide eyes at Brookfield Zoo is so ugly it's cute.
PHOTOS: Baby animals
Born March 9, the Angolan colobus monkey is completely white, but won't stay that way for long. In the next three months, the baby's color will change from white to gray to black. Then it'll match mom's coloring, as the newborn camouflage to blend in with her white whiskers is no longer needed.
The baby, who has not been named, and its mother, Olivia, are in Tropic World/Africa at Brookfield Zoo. Visitors can see them, but have to look closely- Olivia tends to shy away from crowds and prefers to keep her newborn in the corner.
Olivia shares her duties with the other females in the group- her mother, Tina, 17; and sister, Chaka, 4. They all take turns carrying the baby, who goes back to Olivia to nurse. Dad is Sasha, 12, who also lives at the zoo.
The baby's gender has not yet been determined.
brookfield zoo, local
Also SeePhotos:Zoo baby photos!
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 54 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos