Baby monkey will change colors from white to black- within 3 months
March 20, 20313 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby monkey with big, wide eyes at Brookfield Zoo is so ugly it's cute.
PHOTOS: Baby animals
Born March 9, the Angolan colobus monkey is completely white, but won't stay that way for long. In the next three months, the baby's color will change from white to gray to black. Then it'll match mom's coloring, as the newborn camouflage to blend in with her white whiskers is no longer needed.
The baby, who has not been named, and its mother, Olivia, are in Tropic World/Africa at Brookfield Zoo. Visitors can see them, but have to look closely- Olivia tends to shy away from crowds and prefers to keep her newborn in the corner.
Olivia shares her duties with the other females in the group- her mother, Tina, 17; and sister, Chaka, 4. They all take turns carrying the baby, who goes back to Olivia to nurse. Dad is Sasha, 12, who also lives at the zoo.
The baby's gender has not yet been determined.
brookfield zoo, local
Also SeePhotos:Zoo baby photos!
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos