Hanin Goma gets 5 years in fatal, DUI crash in Skokie
March 20, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Skokie woman who caused a crash that killed a 9-year-old boy last May was sentenced to five years in prison.
Prosecutors say Hanin Goma had drugs in her system when she caused a chain-reaction crash that killed 9-year-old Carter Vo. Investigators say Goma hit a van as she was making a left turn, causing her car to spin and land on a sidewalk where the boy was riding his bike. The boy died at the scene.
Blood and urine tests show that Goma had cannabis and amphetamines in her system.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds