Hanin Goma gets 5 years in fatal, DUI crash in Skokie
March 20, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Skokie woman who caused a crash that killed a 9-year-old boy last May was sentenced to five years in prison.
Prosecutors say Hanin Goma had drugs in her system when she caused a chain-reaction crash that killed 9-year-old Carter Vo. Investigators say Goma hit a van as she was making a left turn, causing her car to spin and land on a sidewalk where the boy was riding his bike. The boy died at the scene.
Blood and urine tests show that Goma had cannabis and amphetamines in her system.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence 55 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77