Murder charge in Green Line platform death
March 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspect is now charged in the beating death of a man on a Green Line platform over the weekend.
Anthony Jackson, 45, has been charged with first-degree murder. Jackson is accused of attacking Sanchez Mixon at the stop in the 300-block of East 43rd Street in Bronzeville.
Authorities say once Mixon was on the ground, Jackson then stomped on his head. Jackson is being held on $500,000 bail.
The Cook County state's attorney says Jackson turned himself in.
- CPS school closures begin
- Dad says body in lake likely missing UofC student 1 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Special session expected to form pension committee 16 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway 4 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos