Murder charge in Green Line platform death
March 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspect is now charged in the beating death of a man on a Green Line platform over the weekend.
Anthony Jackson, 45, has been charged with first-degree murder. Jackson is accused of attacking Sanchez Mixon at the stop in the 300-block of East 43rd Street in Bronzeville.
Authorities say once Mixon was on the ground, Jackson then stomped on his head. Jackson is being held on $500,000 bail.
The Cook County state's attorney says Jackson turned himself in.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 25 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 49 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 52 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 5 min ago
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77