Family, friends attend wake for paralyzed athlete Komosa
March 22, 2013 (ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A funeral mass will be held Saturday for Rob Komosa, a former high school football player who was paralyzed back in 1999.
Family, friends and those touched by his spirit paid their respects at Gleuckert Funeral Home Friday. Komosa passed away last weekend at the age of 30 from pulmonary complications.
The former Rolling Meadows High School football player was paralyzed during practice when he was 17.
Komosa was determined to remain positive and went on to cofound a charity for injured athletes.
The mass will be Saturday at 1030 a.m. with Komosa lying in state from 930 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at St. Thomas Becket, 1321 N. Burning Bush Ln. in Mt. Prospect.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 21 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 31 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
9 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
31 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos