Tood Stroger interested in replacing William Beavers on Cook County Board
March 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Cook County Board President Todd Stroger wants to replace William Beavers on the county board.
Stroger told the Chicago Sun-Times that he will be reaching out to committeemen this weekend to gain support.
Beavers was convicted Thursday of using his campaign funds to boost his pension and gambling habit.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year