Crash near O'Hare kills 1 on Mannheim, injures another
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police were investigating a deadly car accident near O'Hare Airport Saturday.
The crash happened on the side of Mannheim near Balmoral Avenue.
According to officials, one person was killed, and another driver was taken to the hospital in good condition. It appeared that person was being treated at Resurrection Hospital.
There were unconfirmed reports Saturday that a man in his 40s was fatally struck after pulling over on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Manheim south of Interstate 190.
His vehicle might have broken down, and he reportedly was outside of it.
Unconfirmed reports also indicate a woman driving a PT Cruiser struck and killed that man and that she might have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
Following the crash, police had the involved cars towed away from the scene.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 20 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 2 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 44 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 50 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 26 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
2 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
50 min ago