Crash near O'Hare kills 1 on Mannheim, injures another
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police were investigating a deadly car accident near O'Hare Airport Saturday.
The crash happened on the side of Mannheim near Balmoral Avenue.
According to officials, one person was killed, and another driver was taken to the hospital in good condition. It appeared that person was being treated at Resurrection Hospital.
There were unconfirmed reports Saturday that a man in his 40s was fatally struck after pulling over on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Manheim south of Interstate 190.
His vehicle might have broken down, and he reportedly was outside of it.
Unconfirmed reports also indicate a woman driving a PT Cruiser struck and killed that man and that she might have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
Following the crash, police had the involved cars towed away from the scene.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos