Crash near O'Hare kills 1 on Mannheim, injures another
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police were investigating a deadly car accident near O'Hare Airport Saturday.
The crash happened on the side of Mannheim near Balmoral Avenue.
According to officials, one person was killed, and another driver was taken to the hospital in good condition. It appeared that person was being treated at Resurrection Hospital.
There were unconfirmed reports Saturday that a man in his 40s was fatally struck after pulling over on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Manheim south of Interstate 190.
His vehicle might have broken down, and he reportedly was outside of it.
Unconfirmed reports also indicate a woman driving a PT Cruiser struck and killed that man and that she might have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
Following the crash, police had the involved cars towed away from the scene.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 20 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 20 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 33 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
20 min ago