Crash near O'Hare kills 1 on Mannheim, injures another
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police were investigating a deadly car accident near O'Hare Airport Saturday.
The crash happened on the side of Mannheim near Balmoral Avenue.
According to officials, one person was killed, and another driver was taken to the hospital in good condition. It appeared that person was being treated at Resurrection Hospital.
There were unconfirmed reports Saturday that a man in his 40s was fatally struck after pulling over on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Manheim south of Interstate 190.
His vehicle might have broken down, and he reportedly was outside of it.
Unconfirmed reports also indicate a woman driving a PT Cruiser struck and killed that man and that she might have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
Following the crash, police had the involved cars towed away from the scene.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 31 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 37 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 29 min ago
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night 26 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
31 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
37 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
30 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos