Crash near O'Hare kills 1 on Mannheim, injures another
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police were investigating a deadly car accident near O'Hare Airport Saturday.
The crash happened on the side of Mannheim near Balmoral Avenue.
According to officials, one person was killed, and another driver was taken to the hospital in good condition. It appeared that person was being treated at Resurrection Hospital.
There were unconfirmed reports Saturday that a man in his 40s was fatally struck after pulling over on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Manheim south of Interstate 190.
His vehicle might have broken down, and he reportedly was outside of it.
Unconfirmed reports also indicate a woman driving a PT Cruiser struck and killed that man and that she might have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
Following the crash, police had the involved cars towed away from the scene.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake