Firearm ordinance now in place in Chicago
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The new Chicago firearm ordinance goes into effect Saturday.
Now, harsher penalties are in place for people who do not report the loss, theft, destruction or transfer of a gun within 48 hours.
The maximum penalty is a $5,000 fine, plus six months in jail.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 3 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
1 min ago