Mayor Emanuel attends Windy City Hoops inaugural games
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined young basketball players and their families at the inaugural games of the Windy City Hoops basketball program on Saturday in Jackson Park.
Windy City Hoops is a basketball league for 13-18 year-olds in Chicago. The program provides an extra 3,200 registration slots for youths at 10 parks around the city.
The league runs from 7:00-10:00 p.m. on Fridays and 5:00-10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Organizers say that the expanded hours should double the total number of hours of teen basketball programming for the Chicago Park District.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos