Mayor Emanuel attends Windy City Hoops inaugural games
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined young basketball players and their families at the inaugural games of the Windy City Hoops basketball program on Saturday in Jackson Park.
Windy City Hoops is a basketball league for 13-18 year-olds in Chicago. The program provides an extra 3,200 registration slots for youths at 10 parks around the city.
The league runs from 7:00-10:00 p.m. on Fridays and 5:00-10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Organizers say that the expanded hours should double the total number of hours of teen basketball programming for the Chicago Park District.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans