Mayor Emanuel attends Windy City Hoops inaugural games
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined young basketball players and their families at the inaugural games of the Windy City Hoops basketball program on Saturday in Jackson Park.
Windy City Hoops is a basketball league for 13-18 year-olds in Chicago. The program provides an extra 3,200 registration slots for youths at 10 parks around the city.
The league runs from 7:00-10:00 p.m. on Fridays and 5:00-10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Organizers say that the expanded hours should double the total number of hours of teen basketball programming for the Chicago Park District.
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 2 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 21 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 14 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
2 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
21 min ago