Far South Side stabbing inside home kills father, 49; son, 24, taken taken into custody
March 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 49-year-old man died after police say his 24-year-old son stabbed him multiple times inside his home on Chicago's Far South Side.
Kenneth Johnson, an O'Hare Airport security officer, was taken to Christ Hospital in southwest suburban Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead.
The stabbing happened near 114th Street and Rockwell in the Kennedy Park neighborhood at approximately 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
Police have taken the man's son into custody. He is also in a hospital and may have been injured.
Charges have not been filed and police have not said anything about a possible motive.
local, diane pathieu
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 20 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 19 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
20 min ago