Arrest made in North Chicago fatal drag racing incident
March 25, 2013 (NORTH CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- North Chicago police have arrested a teenager following a fatal drag racing incident.
The accident occurred Friday night on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive near Route 43.
Investigators say Mario Garcia hit 17-year-old Jose Luke Pimentel as he was crossing the street and then fled the scene.
Garcia has been charged with reckless homicide and leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
Preliminary tests show drugs and alcohol were not factors in the accident.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 25 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up 12 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
25 min ago
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago...
13 min ago