CPD adds foot patrols in high crime areas
March 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In an effort to cut Chicago's violent crime wave, the Chicago Police Department is adding foot patrols in high crime areas.
Police already do increased vehicular patrols in 20 zones with the most violence.
The foot patrols began last week and there will be more of them.
According to CPD Superintendent Garry McCarthy, police saturation of high crime areas is working.
So far this year overall crime in those districts is down by a third, he said.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates