Victim met attackers on dating website Plenty of Fish, police say
March 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman from Merrillville, Indiana, is accused of using a dating website to woo an Illinois man to her home where an accomplice allegedly helped her kidnap him.
Nineteen-year-old Diamond Toney and Dedrick Bufkin both face kidnapping charges.
Authorities say they tied up and robbed the victim before locking him in the trunk of his own car for hours before releasing him.
The victim called police, who identified Toney through her online profile on the dating website Plenty Of Fish.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 20 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse 46 min ago
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'