Victim met attackers on dating website Plenty of Fish, police say
March 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman from Merrillville, Indiana, is accused of using a dating website to woo an Illinois man to her home where an accomplice allegedly helped her kidnap him.
Nineteen-year-old Diamond Toney and Dedrick Bufkin both face kidnapping charges.
Authorities say they tied up and robbed the victim before locking him in the trunk of his own car for hours before releasing him.
The victim called police, who identified Toney through her online profile on the dating website Plenty Of Fish.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...