Chicago marchers plead for immigration reform
March 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people march through the Loop Tuesday -- many of them children -- asking for immigration reform in order to keep their families together.
Many children who marched Tuesday said they are U.S. citizens, but their parents are undocumented immigrants, and the majority of them are in the deportation process.
The group is asking for immigration reform that allows children to grow up without the fear of losing their parents.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos