I-88 crash kills 1; lanes reopened
March 27, 2013 (SUGAR GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Reagan Memorial Tollway was moving again Wednesday as the investigation into a deadly crash continued.
The fiery accident happened Tuesday night in the westbound lanes of I-88 between Butterfield Road and Route 56.
Investigators say an SUV and a semi-truck crashed, and both vehicles caught fire.
The westbound lanes and far left east bound lane were shut down for approximately six hours while emergency officials and crews worked the scene.
Officials reopened the Tollway shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos