I-88 crash kills 1; lanes reopened
March 27, 2013 (SUGAR GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Reagan Memorial Tollway was moving again Wednesday as the investigation into a deadly crash continued.
The fiery accident happened Tuesday night in the westbound lanes of I-88 between Butterfield Road and Route 56.
Investigators say an SUV and a semi-truck crashed, and both vehicles caught fire.
The westbound lanes and far left east bound lane were shut down for approximately six hours while emergency officials and crews worked the scene.
Officials reopened the Tollway shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 12 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 11 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 2 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77