I-88 crash kills 1; lanes reopened
March 27, 2013 (SUGAR GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Reagan Memorial Tollway was moving again Wednesday as the investigation into a deadly crash continued.
The fiery accident happened Tuesday night in the westbound lanes of I-88 between Butterfield Road and Route 56.
Investigators say an SUV and a semi-truck crashed, and both vehicles caught fire.
The westbound lanes and far left east bound lane were shut down for approximately six hours while emergency officials and crews worked the scene.
Officials reopened the Tollway shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 17 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 53 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77