Company brings jobs to Rosemont, gives U of C money for cancer research
March 27, 2013 (ROSEMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- A new business is open in suburban Rosemont, and it's putting hundreds of people to work.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the office of the Power Home Remodeling group Tuesday. The company has a special focus on green products and energy-efficient, environmentally friendly home solutions.
Sen. Dick Durbin was among the speakers at the ceremony.
"Most middle income families struggle paycheck to paycheck. It's tough, but they keep going forward; they don't give up. You're going to give them a helping hand to make their home more affordable and their family more comfortable, but in the long term, you're not just building a business, you're making this a better planet to live on," he said.
To celebrate its expansion in Illinois, the company is donating $10,000 to the University of Chicago to help fight pediatric cancer.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 12 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 55 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 14 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
12 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
30 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos