Michelle Obama to talk youth violence, opportunities in Chicago
March 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- First Lady Michelle Obama will be in Chicago to talk about youth violence to Chicago's business leaders.
She will address a luncheon meeting hosted by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at the Hilton Chicago on Wednesday, April 10. The topic is Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago.
Mrs. Obama wants Chicago's business leaders to invest in expanded opportunities for young people in all of Chicago's neighborhoods.
In February, Obama was in Chicago for the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old shot to death in a South Side park. That same month, she also hosted a Let's Move event at Chicago's McCormick Place.
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1, missing from Chicago's South Side 3 min ago
- Murder warrant issued for LSD standoff suspect 4 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Controversial 'Pure American' billboard removed 25 min ago
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office
- Gary Bettenhausen, race car driver, dead at 72 45 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1,...
3 min ago