Men plead not guilty in Hadiya Pendleton murder
March 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, entered not guilty pleas in the shooting death of Hadiya Pendleton, 15.
- PHOTOS: Pictures of Hadiya Pendleton
Pendleton was fatally shot on January 29, 2013, in a South Side park where she was hanging out with her friends. The King College Prep high school student was not the intended target.
Just the week before she was gunned down, Pendleton performed at the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Her death put Chicago violence in the national spotlight, and brought the president to town to address gun violence.
First Lady Michelle Obama attended her funeral.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping