Merrillville boy, 14, shot in head through window
March 29, 2013 (MERRILLVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- In northwest Indiana, a teenager was shot and critically wounded in his Merrillville home.
The 14-year-old boy is in critical condition after being shot in the head. Investigators say the boy was found lying on his living room floor. The bullet came from outside through the living room window, striking the victim.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital and airlifted to another hospital in Illinois. Police do not have any suspects in custody, but anyone with information should call Merrillville police, who say they are talking to neighbors and witnesses who heard gunshots.
Detective Ray Smith said Merrillville police received calls that gunshots were heard in the 7500 block of Marshall Street about 8:30 p.m. Thursday
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 20 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 6 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 25 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
6 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos