Merrillville boy, 14, shot in head through window
March 29, 2013 (MERRILLVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- In northwest Indiana, a teenager was shot and critically wounded in his Merrillville home.
The 14-year-old boy is in critical condition after being shot in the head. Investigators say the boy was found lying on his living room floor. The bullet came from outside through the living room window, striking the victim.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital and airlifted to another hospital in Illinois. Police do not have any suspects in custody, but anyone with information should call Merrillville police, who say they are talking to neighbors and witnesses who heard gunshots.
Detective Ray Smith said Merrillville police received calls that gunshots were heard in the 7500 block of Marshall Street about 8:30 p.m. Thursday
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 13 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders 15 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 59 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 23 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 11 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 8 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant 5 min ago
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape 8 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
13 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
11 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
59 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos