Winnetka stabbing injures 2
March 30, 2013 (WINNETKA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A north suburban teenager accused of stabbing another teen over a stolen cell phone appeared before a judge in bond court Saturday.
Police say 17-year-old Mitchell Silverstein stabbed another 17-year-old in the chest Thursday night in Winnetka following an argument over a stolen i-phone.
Silverstein will be tried as an adult.
The victim's father, who requested his name not be used, talked about the injuries his son suffered during the attack.
"He's going to be okay," he said. "He has a collapsed lung. He's recovering. It's a serious injury. He could've been killed actually, quite easily. A few inches more, you know, towards his heart. But it was a blade about that long, right in there."
A 16-year-old who tried to help the victim was stabbed in the hand.
Both victims are expected to be okay.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 31 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 29 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
55 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
25 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
29 min ago
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
18 min ago