Winnetka stabbing injures 2
March 30, 2013 (WINNETKA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A north suburban teenager accused of stabbing another teen over a stolen cell phone appeared before a judge in bond court Saturday.
Police say 17-year-old Mitchell Silverstein stabbed another 17-year-old in the chest Thursday night in Winnetka following an argument over a stolen i-phone.
Silverstein will be tried as an adult.
The victim's father, who requested his name not be used, talked about the injuries his son suffered during the attack.
"He's going to be okay," he said. "He has a collapsed lung. He's recovering. It's a serious injury. He could've been killed actually, quite easily. A few inches more, you know, towards his heart. But it was a blade about that long, right in there."
A 16-year-old who tried to help the victim was stabbed in the hand.
Both victims are expected to be okay.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 22 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 36 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 28 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
22 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos