Student reunited with trooper, others who helped save him
March 29, 2013 (WLS) -- A University of Illinois student says he owes his life to four people, one of whom is an Illinois State trooper who helped pull a car off of him.
Ethan Asofsky and trooper Brian Scott were reunited Friday, days after the officer and three others lifted a car off the college senior.
A speeding driver lost control in Monday's snowstorm and plowed into Asofsky.
"All of a sudden you hear the tires screeching, see it turn sideways and head directly for Ethan," Scott said. "I was in a snow coffin of sorts where I couldn't really move anything. My face was pinned against the bottom of the car. The car was sitting on top of him. He kept saying, 'I can't breathe, I can't breathe.'"
The officer, the driver who hit him and an unknown person all lifted up the car, and Asofsky's friend grabbed him by the ankles and pulled him out.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 26 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 59 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia 30 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
26 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
59 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
52 min ago