Western Avenue crash into light pole kills man, 32
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man died Saturday after a crash near Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.
Police say the car Delmond Strong was driving stuck a light pole and then flipped over in the 3100 block of South Western Avenue around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Emergency crews found the 32-year-old trapped inside his Mercury Sable. He was taken to Mount Sinai where he was later died.
The CTA had to reroute buses in the area while crews worked to clean up the scene.
Those buses are now running their normal routes.
local, diane pathieu
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 12 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 28 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77