Grandson charged with fatally shooting, robbing grandfather waiting for ride to dialysis
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder and armed robbery in the killing of his grandfather.
The suspect, William D. Strickland, was due in bond court Saturday.
Police said he and another man robbed and shot his grandfather, also named William Strickland, as the 72-year-old was in a gangway outside his home on East 95th Street earlier in March.
The grandfather was waiting for a driver to take him to a dialysis appointment when he was killed.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 44 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 16 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos