Grandson charged with fatally shooting, robbing grandfather waiting for ride to dialysis
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder and armed robbery in the killing of his grandfather.
The suspect, William D. Strickland, was due in bond court Saturday.
Police said he and another man robbed and shot his grandfather, also named William Strickland, as the 72-year-old was in a gangway outside his home on East 95th Street earlier in March.
The grandfather was waiting for a driver to take him to a dialysis appointment when he was killed.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 16 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 21 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
16 min ago