Grandson charged with fatally shooting, robbing grandfather waiting for ride to dialysis
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder and armed robbery in the killing of his grandfather.
The suspect, William D. Strickland, was due in bond court Saturday.
Police said he and another man robbed and shot his grandfather, also named William Strickland, as the 72-year-old was in a gangway outside his home on East 95th Street earlier in March.
The grandfather was waiting for a driver to take him to a dialysis appointment when he was killed.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants 53 min ago
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash 51 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...