Grandson charged with fatally shooting, robbing grandfather waiting for ride to dialysis
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder and armed robbery in the killing of his grandfather.
The suspect, William D. Strickland, was due in bond court Saturday.
Police said he and another man robbed and shot his grandfather, also named William Strickland, as the 72-year-old was in a gangway outside his home on East 95th Street earlier in March.
The grandfather was waiting for a driver to take him to a dialysis appointment when he was killed.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos