Grandson charged with fatally shooting, robbing grandfather waiting for ride to dialysis
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Chicago man has been charged with murder and armed robbery in the killing of his grandfather.
The suspect, William D. Strickland, was due in bond court Saturday.
Police said he and another man robbed and shot his grandfather, also named William Strickland, as the 72-year-old was in a gangway outside his home on East 95th Street earlier in March.
The grandfather was waiting for a driver to take him to a dialysis appointment when he was killed.
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 31 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 40 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 41 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
31 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
41 min ago