CPD hosts town hall to stop the violence
March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Police Department hosted a town hall meeting to educate the city's youth about the recent rise in violence in some neighborhoods.
ABC 7's sportscaster Jim Rose was the host and keynote speaker of Saturday's event on the South Side in Ogden Park.
Kids aged 8-12 years old attended the event to learn how to stop violence and gangs in their areas.
Speakers also talked about bullying and teen dating.
The morning was capped off with a basketball clinic and luncheon.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 13 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
51 min ago