Plainfield deacon serving in Rome for Holy Week
March 30, 2013 (PLAINFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Plainfield resident Deacon John Lovitsch is in Rome during this Holy Week and relative say he served Pope Francis during the Good Friday service.
Relatives said that Lovitsch will be a deacon for the Easter Sunday Mass.
He has been studying in Rome for the past four years but will return home in May when he will be ordained.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 33 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 47 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 42 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 15 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
34 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
42 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos