Plainfield deacon serving in Rome for Holy Week
March 30, 2013 (PLAINFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Plainfield resident Deacon John Lovitsch is in Rome during this Holy Week and relative say he served Pope Francis during the Good Friday service.
Relatives said that Lovitsch will be a deacon for the Easter Sunday Mass.
He has been studying in Rome for the past four years but will return home in May when he will be ordained.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD