1 dead, 1 wounded in West Side shooting
March 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old has died after a shooting on Chicago's West Side early Sunday morning.
Chicago police say Akeem Manago was walking with a 23-year-old acquaintance, when four gunmen approached from behind and opened fire.
The 23-year-old was struck in the leg and taken to an area hospital in good condition.
Manago died less than an hour later.
The incident happened just before 2:00 a.m. in the 1300 block of West Hastings.
No one is in custody.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 34 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 8 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'