Easter Bunny visits kids at La Rabida
March 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Easter Bunny made a special visit to La Rabida Children's Hospital on Sunday, delivering 30 baskets of goodies to help bring smiles to the children's faces.
Some children cried and some laughed, but they all loved their baskets full of gifts hand-picked just for them.
This year, Anthony Ramsey's family made the donations.
"Our family did this collectively," Ramsey said. "We wanted to give back to the kids put a smile on their face and it actually almost brought tears to my eyes just seeing them getting so happy just someone caring about them and reaching out to them."
It's an Easter tradition at La Rabida, one that excites the children and inspires the staff.
"We want to do whatever's possible to bring joy to them, but it also embodies the spirit of all the staff as well," said hospital president and CEO Brenda Wolf.
For some of these children, these new gifts are the only one's they'll get. Creating that happiness is something Ramsey says he wants to be a part of again.
"Them knowing that someone cares about them and is giving back to them just taking time out of their day to just put a smile on their face," he said.
local, diane pathieu
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
57 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
2 min ago