Easter Bunny visits kids at La Rabida
March 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Easter Bunny made a special visit to La Rabida Children's Hospital on Sunday, delivering 30 baskets of goodies to help bring smiles to the children's faces.
Some children cried and some laughed, but they all loved their baskets full of gifts hand-picked just for them.
This year, Anthony Ramsey's family made the donations.
"Our family did this collectively," Ramsey said. "We wanted to give back to the kids put a smile on their face and it actually almost brought tears to my eyes just seeing them getting so happy just someone caring about them and reaching out to them."
It's an Easter tradition at La Rabida, one that excites the children and inspires the staff.
"We want to do whatever's possible to bring joy to them, but it also embodies the spirit of all the staff as well," said hospital president and CEO Brenda Wolf.
For some of these children, these new gifts are the only one's they'll get. Creating that happiness is something Ramsey says he wants to be a part of again.
"Them knowing that someone cares about them and is giving back to them just taking time out of their day to just put a smile on their face," he said.
local, diane pathieu
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking