Explosion at Glendale Heights sheet metal plant
April 1, 2013 (GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were hurt in an apparent explosion at a Glendale Heights sheet metal plant.
It happened around noon at the Northstar Metal Products facility in the 500-block of Mitchell.
Smoke was seen coming from inside the building, but no exterior damage was immediately apparent.
An employee says it appeared aluminum dust in the company's grinding room may have ignited to trigger the explosion, but the exact cause is still under investigation.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 23 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos