Explosion at Glendale Heights sheet metal plant
April 1, 2013 (GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were hurt in an apparent explosion at a Glendale Heights sheet metal plant.
It happened around noon at the Northstar Metal Products facility in the 500-block of Mitchell.
Smoke was seen coming from inside the building, but no exterior damage was immediately apparent.
An employee says it appeared aluminum dust in the company's grinding room may have ignited to trigger the explosion, but the exact cause is still under investigation.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 4 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 53 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 49 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics 4 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos