Maine West coach who was fired no longer fighting for job after hazing claims
April 2, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Maine West High School coach who was fired over hazing allegations has given up his fight to get his job back.
Under a deal approved Monday night, former Coach Michael Divincenzo will withdraw his request for a hearing in which he was expected to fight for his job.
Divincenzo also will cooperate in the defense of a lawsuit filed against the school district over the hazing allegations, and he is waiving all claims against the district.
The school board is conceding that there was no wrongdoing or improper conduct.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 49 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 7 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
20 min ago
- Let's Dish: Colcannon
6 min ago