Chicago crime rate down overall, police say
April 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after announcing a drop in the city's murder rate in March, Chicago police said overall crime in the city is also on the decline.
According to the police department, the city of Chicago saw an 8-percent drop in overall crime in the first quarter of the year 2013, compared to the same period last year.
That decline continues a trend from 2012 in which overall crime in the city dropped 8 percent since the previous year.
And since 2011, overall crime in the city is down 15 percent.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 7 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected 1 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays 23 min ago
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 29 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
7 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos