Chicago film, TV production boomed in 2012
April 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Film and television production is booming in Chicago, according to new data.
In 2012, there were 1808 days of television and film production in Chicago, a 45-percent increase from 2011.
The city says it resulted in $170 million in local economic spending beating the previous best of $161 million from 2010.
Four televisions shows, "Chicago Fire", "Boss", "Underemployed" and "The Mob Doctor", recently made Chicago their full-time home for filming.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 26 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 21 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 58 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
26 min ago