Chicago time-lapse video featured on Smithsonian.com
April 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ''Cityscape Chicago,'' a beautiful time-lapse video of the city mostly at night, got a special nod from editors at Smithsonian.com.
Created by photographer Eric Hines, the video "Cityscape Chicago" was chosen as an "editor's pick" in a Smithsonian video contest.
According to the site, Hines shot more than 30,000 photographs between July and October 2012 in downtown Chicago, and then put them in altogether in the 3 minute, 33 second video. His fascination of the city is felt in the video. "For me, there has always been a mysterious sort of feeling to Chicago at night," Hines said in the caption for his video.
Hines is based in Northwest Indiana.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913