Mayor Rahm Emanuel expected to announce digital education initiative
April 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has a bold, new projection for the city.
He's estimating that there will be 24,000 new information technology jobs in Chicago by the year 2020.
He will discuss it Thursday afternoon at an event involving the City Colleges of Chicago.
Also, the City Colleges have partnered with a Chicago-based startup that will bring web development skills into the classroom for students in 2014, Emanuel is expected to announce.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas