Veteran wins $2 M in Illinois Powerball
April 4, 2013 (WLS) -- A Vietnam War veteran and retired nurse is a new member of the Illinois lottery's millionaires club.
Charles Malone won two million dollars when his quick pick ticket with power play matched the first five numbers in the March 16th Powerball drawing. He received his money at the Falcon Pantry in Westmont where Malone bought his ticket.
Malone plans to buy his wife their dream house and share the winnings with their six children and 15 grandchildren.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 21 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 26 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos