Veteran wins $2 M in Illinois Powerball
April 4, 2013 (WLS) -- A Vietnam War veteran and retired nurse is a new member of the Illinois lottery's millionaires club.
Charles Malone won two million dollars when his quick pick ticket with power play matched the first five numbers in the March 16th Powerball drawing. He received his money at the Falcon Pantry in Westmont where Malone bought his ticket.
Malone plans to buy his wife their dream house and share the winnings with their six children and 15 grandchildren.
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 3 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home