Veteran wins $2 M in Illinois Powerball
April 4, 2013 (WLS) -- A Vietnam War veteran and retired nurse is a new member of the Illinois lottery's millionaires club.
Charles Malone won two million dollars when his quick pick ticket with power play matched the first five numbers in the March 16th Powerball drawing. He received his money at the Falcon Pantry in Westmont where Malone bought his ticket.
Malone plans to buy his wife their dream house and share the winnings with their six children and 15 grandchildren.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion 22 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees 35 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- ABC7 To Go 12-13-13
44 min ago
- 7 in :77