Stolen dog Luigi, 7-month-old Pomeranian puppy, found
April 4, 2013 (NILES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A stolen Pomeranian puppy was found and returned to its owner, Niles police said.
PHOTOS: Stolen Pomeranian puppy, suspect
Surveillance photos of the suspect and car led police to a Skokie woman who was spotted by detectives leaving her home with the dog, "Luigi," in her arms, officials said.
Luigi and the woman were taken to the Niles Police Department, where Adina Tiran, 33, was charged with one count of felony burglary to an auto. The dog, which Tiran allegedly called "Foxy," appears to be in good health, and was released to his owners.
The owners say Luigi is a therapy dog for her children.
The woman allegedly took Luigi, 7 months, from the victim's vehicle at the Fresh Farms Market in Niles around 2 p.m. on April 1, 2013.
If found guilty, Tiran faces 3 to 7 years and a fine up to $25,000.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits