Worker killed at Chicago Heights metals plant
April 4, 2013 (CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A worker who was killed at a metals plant in the south suburbs is being remembered.
Emergency teams rushed to the Vesuvius facility in Chicago Heights to recover the body of 60-year-old Romelio Cruz Thursday morning.
The exact circumstances of his death have not been released.
OSHA is investigating.
Cruz's family says he was a machine operator who raised six children.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 10 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
10 min ago
- Year-End Financial Tips
4 min ago