Worker killed at Chicago Heights metals plant
April 4, 2013 (CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A worker who was killed at a metals plant in the south suburbs is being remembered.
Emergency teams rushed to the Vesuvius facility in Chicago Heights to recover the body of 60-year-old Romelio Cruz Thursday morning.
The exact circumstances of his death have not been released.
OSHA is investigating.
Cruz's family says he was a machine operator who raised six children.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Jackknifed semi slows traffic on Tri-State near O'Hare 13 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 45 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 42 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 49 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 44 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77