Newborn dies after being found in Calumet City Popeye's restaurant
April 5, 2013 (CALUMET CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- A newborn baby died after she was found in the bathroom of a suburban fast food restaurant.
The girl was found Thursday in a Calumet City Popeye's restaurant and was pronounced dead at St. Margaret Hospital in Hammond, Indiana.
Officers responded to a call about an item in the bathroom at the restaurant and discovered the baby, according to police.
Police weren't releasing more information on Friday but said that no arrests have made.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 1 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 8 min ago
- Mariola Zapalski wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 10 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake