CDOT: Chicagoans should report as many potholes as possible
April 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Department of Transportation is asking Chicago residents to report as many potholes as possible this weekend, a push it is calling "Potholepalooza".
They will fill all the potholes reported between April 5 and April 7, CDOT said in a press release.
"This weekend surge in reporting will allow us to address as many potholes as possible until we switch many of the pothole crews to street resurfacing in mid-April," CDOT Commissioner Gabe Klein said in a press release.
CDOT crews have filled nearly 250,000 so far this year, according to officials.
"We are making great progress in filling potholes this spring, but we need Chicagoans to help us identify all of the locations where work needs to be done," Klein said.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake