Car crashes into house in Oak Lawn, killing driver; Niles crash also leaves driver dead
April 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old male driver died after a car crashed into a house in southwest suburban Oak Lawn, Ill., while the driver of another car was killed in a separate accident in suburban Niles.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m. Friday near 105th Street and Georgia Lane.
Police said two passengers were injured and taken to the hospital.
Authorities also said the two people inside the home were not hurt.
Also early Saturday, a car crashed into a tree and a fence in northwest suburban Niles, reportedly killing the driver.
That crash happened about 2 a.m. in the 8100-block of North Caldwell Avenue, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The 36-year-old man driving, identified as Timothy Thomas, was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a medical examiner's office spokeswoman.
Niles police were not immediately available for comment.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
local, diane pathieu
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1, missing from Chicago's South Side 4 min ago
- Murder warrant issued for LSD standoff suspect 4 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office
- Gary Bettenhausen, race car driver, dead at 72 41 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1,...
4 min ago