Car crashes into house in Oak Lawn, killing driver; Niles crash also leaves driver dead
April 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old male driver died after a car crashed into a house in southwest suburban Oak Lawn, Ill., while the driver of another car was killed in a separate accident in suburban Niles.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m. Friday near 105th Street and Georgia Lane.
Police said two passengers were injured and taken to the hospital.
Authorities also said the two people inside the home were not hurt.
Also early Saturday, a car crashed into a tree and a fence in northwest suburban Niles, reportedly killing the driver.
That crash happened about 2 a.m. in the 8100-block of North Caldwell Avenue, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The 36-year-old man driving, identified as Timothy Thomas, was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a medical examiner's office spokeswoman.
Niles police were not immediately available for comment.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
local, diane pathieu
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake