Car crashes into house in Oak Lawn, killing driver; Niles crash also leaves driver dead
April 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old male driver died after a car crashed into a house in southwest suburban Oak Lawn, Ill., while the driver of another car was killed in a separate accident in suburban Niles.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m. Friday near 105th Street and Georgia Lane.
Police said two passengers were injured and taken to the hospital.
Authorities also said the two people inside the home were not hurt.
Also early Saturday, a car crashed into a tree and a fence in northwest suburban Niles, reportedly killing the driver.
That crash happened about 2 a.m. in the 8100-block of North Caldwell Avenue, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The 36-year-old man driving, identified as Timothy Thomas, was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a medical examiner's office spokeswoman.
Niles police were not immediately available for comment.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
local, diane pathieu
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 46 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans