Car crashes into house in Oak Lawn, killing driver; Niles crash also leaves driver dead
April 6, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old male driver died after a car crashed into a house in southwest suburban Oak Lawn, Ill., while the driver of another car was killed in a separate accident in suburban Niles.
The crash happened around 10:30 p.m. Friday near 105th Street and Georgia Lane.
Police said two passengers were injured and taken to the hospital.
Authorities also said the two people inside the home were not hurt.
Also early Saturday, a car crashed into a tree and a fence in northwest suburban Niles, reportedly killing the driver.
That crash happened about 2 a.m. in the 8100-block of North Caldwell Avenue, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The 36-year-old man driving, identified as Timothy Thomas, was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a medical examiner's office spokeswoman.
Niles police were not immediately available for comment.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
local, diane pathieu
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death 34 min ago
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center 8 min ago
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- 7 in 77