Drone protest aimed at Boeing headquarters
April 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicagoans hit the street to protest against Boeing as the company looks to compete with other top arms manufacturers to create a new combat drone.
Protesters rallied outside Boeing headquarters Saturday, carrying signs and calling on the company to stop making war drones.
This year the Navy is asking for designs for a new drone, and Boeing is expected to propose its design called the Phantom Ray.
Boeing has not yet commented.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting 8 min ago
- Chinese-American Service League kicks off 35th anniversary 53 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas