Drone protest aimed at Boeing headquarters
April 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicagoans hit the street to protest against Boeing as the company looks to compete with other top arms manufacturers to create a new combat drone.
Protesters rallied outside Boeing headquarters Saturday, carrying signs and calling on the company to stop making war drones.
This year the Navy is asking for designs for a new drone, and Boeing is expected to propose its design called the Phantom Ray.
Boeing has not yet commented.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 26 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation