Roger Ebert tribute Thursday at Chicago Theatre
April 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The life of Roger Ebert will be remembered Thursday night during a memorial tribute at the Chicago Theatre.
The tribute will include music, great moments from the "At the Movies" TV series and personal tributes from Roger's wife, Chaz Ebert, and granddaughter, Raven.
Doors open at 6 p.m. and the program start promptly at 7 p.m.
Hollywood actors, directors and writers, as well as those involved in independent filmmaking, and film students are among the invited guests.
Thursday's memorial is free and may be attended by the public, but seating is limited and must be reserved in advance. Those without a reserved seat will not be admitted.
To reserve a seat, call (773) 528-7700 or e-mail email@example.com. Details will be provided for picking up advance tickets at on off-site location. Seats will be on a first come, first served basis.
Ebert died last week after a long battle with cancer.
Ebert has the only star on the sidewalk in front of the Chicago Theatre beneath its grand marquee.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 49 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 20 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 40 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
49 min ago