Robbery, police chase in northern suburbs leads to lockdown
April 8, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a robbery and police chase near Bannockburn Monday evening.
The search for the suspects has created a traffic mess and led to a school lockdown.
This is all centered near the Tri-State Tollway and Half Day Road where the suspects abandoned their car and took off on foot.
Trinity International University went on lock down.
According to Deerfield police, the incident started around 7:41 p.m. when they got a call about an armed robbery in progress at the T-Mobile Store at 100-block South Waukegan Avenue.
"An officer in the area noticed a vehicle fleeing the scene and followed it to the area of Half Day Road and I-94 in Bannockburn. Three suspects fled from the vehicle and were pursued on foot. Two subjects were taken into custody within minutes and the third suspect was located approx 90 minutes later hiding inside an office building in the area," Deerfield police said in a press release.
The investigation is ongoing, according to police.
local, diane pathieu
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits