Robbery, police chase suspects arrested in northern suburbs
April 9, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three suspects were in custody Tuesday after an armed robbery led to a police chase in the northern suburbs.
The incident started with a hold-up at a cell phone store on South Waukegan Road in Deerfield Monday night and ended near the Tri-state Tollway and Half Day Road in Bannockburn, where the suspects abandoned their car and took off on foot.
Police pursued the suspects and found two within minutes at a nearby hotel. The third suspect escaped.
Nearby Trinity International University was put on lockdown while police searched the area.
The lockdown was lifted just before 10 p.m. when officers found the suspect in an office building.
The campus was back to its normal operations Tuesday.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 44 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 43 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 26 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 1 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
44 min ago