Robbery, police chase suspects arrested in northern suburbs
April 9, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three suspects were in custody Tuesday after an armed robbery led to a police chase in the northern suburbs.
The incident started with a hold-up at a cell phone store on South Waukegan Road in Deerfield Monday night and ended near the Tri-state Tollway and Half Day Road in Bannockburn, where the suspects abandoned their car and took off on foot.
Police pursued the suspects and found two within minutes at a nearby hotel. The third suspect escaped.
Nearby Trinity International University was put on lockdown while police searched the area.
The lockdown was lifted just before 10 p.m. when officers found the suspect in an office building.
The campus was back to its normal operations Tuesday.
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos