Robbery, police chase suspects arrested in northern suburbs
April 9, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three suspects were in custody Tuesday after an armed robbery led to a police chase in the northern suburbs.
The incident started with a hold-up at a cell phone store on South Waukegan Road in Deerfield Monday night and ended near the Tri-state Tollway and Half Day Road in Bannockburn, where the suspects abandoned their car and took off on foot.
Police pursued the suspects and found two within minutes at a nearby hotel. The third suspect escaped.
Nearby Trinity International University was put on lockdown while police searched the area.
The lockdown was lifted just before 10 p.m. when officers found the suspect in an office building.
The campus was back to its normal operations Tuesday.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 53 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 33 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77