Robbery, police chase suspects arrested in northern suburbs
April 9, 2013 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Three suspects were in custody Tuesday after an armed robbery led to a police chase in the northern suburbs.
The incident started with a hold-up at a cell phone store on South Waukegan Road in Deerfield Monday night and ended near the Tri-state Tollway and Half Day Road in Bannockburn, where the suspects abandoned their car and took off on foot.
Police pursued the suspects and found two within minutes at a nearby hotel. The third suspect escaped.
Nearby Trinity International University was put on lockdown while police searched the area.
The lockdown was lifted just before 10 p.m. when officers found the suspect in an office building.
The campus was back to its normal operations Tuesday.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 26 min ago
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson 41 min ago
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting 29 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case