Mummy Bandit wanted in 5 bank robberies in Chicago
April 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The FBI is looking for a bank robber who is now suspected in five holdups since late September 2012.
The man has been dubbed the "Mummy Bandit" because of the way he wraps his face.
The latest robbery occurred Sunday at a TCF bank branch inside a Jewel-Osco store in the 4200-block of North Lincoln Avenue.
The same man is also suspected in four other robberies, all of which occurred at branches of North Community Bank on the North and West sides of Chicago.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 10 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos