Crash closes outbound Addams Memorial Tollway between US 20 and Belvidere-Genoa Road
April 9, 2013 (HAMPSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A multiple-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 shut down the outbound lanes near Marengo, about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. All westbound lanes were reopened by about 5:45 p.m.
Traffic was backed for miles.
State troopers diverted traffic off Route 20 while they cleaned up the accident scene.
Authorities transported a number of people to nearby hospitals.
So far, the extent of the injuries has not been revealed.
- LINK: Chicago Traffic
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 10 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot