Crash closes outbound Addams Memorial Tollway between US 20 and Belvidere-Genoa Road
April 9, 2013 (HAMPSHIRE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A multiple-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 shut down the outbound lanes near Marengo, about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. All westbound lanes were reopened by about 5:45 p.m.
Traffic was backed for miles.
State troopers diverted traffic off Route 20 while they cleaned up the accident scene.
Authorities transported a number of people to nearby hospitals.
So far, the extent of the injuries has not been revealed.
- LINK: Chicago Traffic
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River 56 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop 28 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
24 min ago